Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surfin U.S.A!

Here's this new card the Zig Zag  or Center step card  that I've been seeing in so many blog sites since I've been hopping around.   It's one of those so simple cards to create, and fast to put together..
I used Surfer Ian from the Greeting Farm, colored him with copics and MS markers.  Sentiments I made from my computer.

Front view


Side view


Inside of card
 I think I'm going to give this one a try on LLC Challenge #41 - Inspired by Song
Surfin' Ian is going Beach Boy style:  Surfin' U.S.A!  This song was a favorite for me, many moons ago.
I still remember the lyrics, and it goes like this:
If everybody had an ocean across the U.S.A
Then everybody's be surfin' like California
You'd seem 'em wearing their baggies
Huarachi sandals too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U.S.A
You'd catch 'em surfing at DelMar
Ventura County line
Santa Cruz and Trestle
Australia's hanabeen
All over Manhattan
And down Doheny way
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.

Wow I may have messed up on some of the lyrics, that kinda took my breath away. (he,he).  At least you have some idea of what the words to that song is about. 
Until then toodles for now!
Have a great rest of the day or evening!
Hugs :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Surfer Ian! Luv how Surfin' USA inspired this card of yours. Great job Shirl . . . have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this yet, great card Shirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute job! Love the colors and the step card:-) Thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...