Friday, April 11, 2014

Tea Pocket Holder!

Aloha Friday peeps!
Here's a cool project I finished off last evening... In fact I did (2) of these triple pocket tea holders but only could show you one for now, LOL!  The other is for one of my DT project that is not due for it's posting yet.... These are gifts that I made for some besties of mines that I walk with in the mornings.   They are simply adorable to make they can hold cocoa packets, or ghiradelli  chocolates in the pouches too.  For this gift I added (3) packets of Lipton Green Tea.... The more matting you put on your base holder the more sturdy you base holder gets.   The base is cut at 7 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 & 4 1/2, and from there you just let your imagination take over in decoring your pouch.  I actually have matting on the front  & back panels and the inside panels.   Then I added dp papers (American Crafts) to all 4 panels.  If you look really good my ribbon is attached first before matting the front and back panels,  my Stampin Up ribbon is cut at 20".  My front panel images are from (Love you a Latte)  Cricut cartridge, the teapot was cut at 3"and I distressed the  edges using Tim Holtz distressing ink.  The sentiment below was cut at 2" and I added some liquid pearls to make it pop... Looking at the photo it seems  the glare of the lights made it seem like their is a smudge, but in real it's perfect as can be.  On the left inside panel I use my Spellbinders (Label One),  although I left it blank just in case the recipient wants to recycle this to give to someone else.  
Now, on the right hand side where you see those (3) pouches I cut (3) pieces of 4 x 6 1/4 scored each side at 1/2" and scored on the 6 1/4 side 3 1/2.  On the larger side I corner round the edges added matting on the front of each pouch and use sturdy two-way tape.  Added a button and twine as an embellishment.   
I hope you give this a try, you don't have to make it (3) pouches, you can make it two and it still will look awesome... FYI- you can also add those pouches on the left side too, now wouldn't this be perfect for a Mother's Day gift?   Something to think about!  LOL!






Enjoy your crafty weekend and see ya back here real soon!

13 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Shirl! What a fun project and so beautifully detailed! The papers are so pretty and I love the design. I'm sure your friends will love these! :o) Wonderfully done, my friend! Have a happy day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea! The papers are awesome and super fun design! Thanks for sharing the directions-I can see a lot of possibilities! I am sure your friends will love them Shirl!
    Have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative and fabulous, Shirl!! What an awesome project!! The papers are gorgeous!! Your friends will adore this - I sure do!! Have a great weekend my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool idea! A very pretty gift which anyone would enjoy!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!!! What a fun gift idea!!! I know your friends will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fun idea. Who ever receives this will love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative holder! Love it and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok NOW this is just too awesome.. such a fun idea.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Fabulous gift idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this project, great idea for some thank you cards! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is stunning shirl.a fabulous gift idea :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome idea! Perfect for a tea lover!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...